How to Apply for DHA Exam
How to Apply for DHA Licensure Examination:-
If you are a registered healthcare professionals in the india and would like to continue your passion here in Dubai, you will have to go through a screening process called DHA examination. Let us sort things out first so that you may fully understand the terms/vocab that you will encounter when you apply.
- Dubai Health Authority – think of this as the DOH for Dubai. (HAAD for Abu Dhabi, MOH for the entire UAE)
- Prometrics– this is the organization that caters the examination for the DHA applicants. (NCLEX and HAAD have Pearson Vue)
- Primary Source Verification (PSV)– this credentialing body that ensures your documents and claimed educational background and work experience are all genuine.
There you go, I hope that enlightens you.
STEP 1: Prepare All Required Documents
- At this point in time, you will not need to have your documents attested yet. I suggest for you to halt at that idea of getting everything attested as early as this phase since you will be scanning all of these documents. You will be having a hard time folding and fitting the “red-ribbon document” onto the scanner. Also, make sure that you have scanned all the documents clearly and without any alterations.
- Here are the documents that you will need:
- Transcript of Records – the TOR that you used for your local board exam can be used just makes sure that you still have all of the pages including the RLE record. If you do not have one, you can coordinate with your school on how to process for a new one. While you are at it, ask them to have it DFA Authenticated (Red Ribbon) already since you cannot file for such with your school records coming personally from your hand. It should be forwarded by your school, no one else.
- Work Experience – Two (2) years is the minimum qualification for such. Clinical nurses (from hospitals), school health nurses, occupational health nurses, company nurses, private duty nurses and private clinic nurses are all allowed to apply as long as you do not have a 6-month gap before you schedule your exam. (Take note: if you are a fresh graduate, you may be exempted from submitting any work experience certificate just like what one of my friends did, she is now working in a hospital here in Dubai. Go grab your chance as early as now!)
- 1 colour passport size photo
- Passport copy
- Authorization Letter for DHA – you will be able to download this towards the end of your online application where you will have to download a file, affix your signature on it, scan, and then upload the file.
- Proof of Professional Registration in the INDIA– this includes:
- PRC License – it should not be expired
- Board Certificate – the diploma-like stuff that you get from PRC
- Certificate of Good Standing – you can get this without too much hassle from PRC
- Scan all documents. Make sure that you have fully scanned your documents or else they might send you an email saying that you will have to upload it again because some important parts (e.g. registrar’s signature) are missing.
STEP 2: Create a Sheryan Account
- A Sheryan is an online account where you will process and monitor everything that is relevant for you license application.
- Go to this site to create your account. You should see this:
- Create your account and then you will be directed to the Online Registration and Licensing
- Upload your documents with the document title that generally describes the file e.g. Passport, Passport Photo, Transcript of Records etc.
STEP 3: Wait For Your Eligibility ID
- It will take up to 6 weeks for you to have such so that you can start your next process (PSV and Scheduling of Prometric Examination).
- With this, you can monitor the credentials evaluation process that they are doing on the documents that you have uploaded.
- Make sure that you will use a UAE-based credit card for paying the fee at the end of your DHA application. This is only the phase where you will have to use the particular sorts of credit card.
STEP 4: Apply for PSV
- After the DHA have pre-evaluated your documents, they will send you an email that contains the link to have your Primary Source Verification done.
- Pay your fees using internationally accredited credit cards e.g. Visa, Mastercard
- Wait for your PSV report that may take up to 6 weeks again.
STEP 5: Schedule Your Prometric Exam
- Once you have your DHA Reference No. that you will get at the end of your STEP 3, you can now schedule your exam
- It is now time to prepare for your test! For a set of recalled questions and a reviewer, you may post your email on the comments’ box below and I will send it to you. Take Note: Do not underestimate the test! While it is true that our local board examination is much more difficult than this, there are still a significant portion of Filipino DHA-Prometrics takers who failed the said exam because they did not prepare for it. You do not want to waste your precious time, do you?
STEP 6: Go to The Test Center
A) Be at the test center 1 hour before the scheduled test to have room for preparation.
B) BENGALURU:-PROMETRIC TESTING PVT LTD, 3rd Floor Tower B Prestige Shanti Niketan HYDERABAD: – PROMETRIC TESTING PVT LTD, 9th Floor, Unit – 2, Kapil Towers IT Block, HYDERABAD. So if you will take the cab better make sure to give the correct instructions or you will end up being late for going to the wrong location. Landmark: There is a Starbucks in front of the building.
- DO NOT FORGET your original passport and your appointment receipt.
- They will take your biometrics and verify the documents that you brought. They will also hand you a locker key that you can use if you have some stuff with you for you will not be allowed to bring ANYTHING inside the test room.
- The examination is good for two (2) hours and has seventy (70) items. Do not make any unnecessary movements because a camera right in front of you will be used to monitor your behaviour while taking the test. Do not talk to anyone especially to your seatmate.
STEP 7: Wait For the Result
- Results will be out two (2) to five (5) days after you have taken the test. I got mine after 2 days.
- Once you have passed the examination, your Sheryan Account will indicate that you have made it.
- On my experience, I received automatically an Eligibility Letter because I have scheduled my PSV way earlier than my prometric test. So my guess is that everything was already done when I had the results of my test making the “Passed” mark on my Sheryan Account unnecessary.
STEP 8: Go to Dubai
- Once you have passed the exam, it is time for you to get your papers ready to travel abroad.
- Your license will be processed once you have successfully got a job. You will present your eligibility letter to your employer and they will process the license for you.
- It is now time to practice your profession in a foreign land. Congratulations!
For inquiries, feel free to contact and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you.